Benefits of kipahit or the scientific name Tithonia diversifolia, can also be used to treat diabetes or diabetes. Because of that this plant is also known as the insulin plant. This plant has many benefits, one of which is used for vegetable pesticides. In my opinion it is true, this plant is very resistant to pests and diseases. The plants are not eaten by insects or caterpillars. The leaves are smooth, there are no holes.
Maybe this ability is because this plant contains compounds that are not liked by disease or are poisonous to insect pests, so that no pests and diseases can attack them. This compound can be extracted and used as an ingredient for vegetable pesticides.
This plant contains an alcoid derivative which is bactericidal. In addition, there is also quassinoit C22 H30 O6 (Picrassane quassionoid) which oxidizes the skin of bacterial cells (Harborne 1996). The bitter taste in kipahit leaves is due to the content of 4- methilated picrasane of the quassinoid type, javanicins H, i and J (Loveless 1997). This kipahit leaf has anti-bacterial properties (Kloppenburg & Vesteegh 1978). The use of kipahit leaves for the treatment of diseases in fish has been widely practiced by fish farming communities.
Referring to the description of the existing literature review, it can be concluded that kipahit extract has the ability to combat fungal parasites. The compounds possessed by kipahit leaves can be used as test materials, dosage and duration of soaking fish eggs in extracts so that their usefulness and superiority in hatching goldfish eggs can be known. The method used in this test experiment was a completely randomized design with factorials. The conclusion of this experiment using this design, is based on the experiments carried out which are observations of the materials and homogeneous implementation time.
Processing data obtained from this experiment is tabulated in the form of a table of the results of the calculation of hatched eggs.
The treatment factor consisted of dose and immersion time against hatchability of goldfish eggs. As a treatment, kipahit leaf extract was divided into 5 levels (D), namely: D1 = Soaking eggs in the extract at a dose of 1 ppt, D2 = Soaking eggs in extract at a dose of 2 ppt. D3 = Soaking eggs in extract at a dose of 3 ppt. D4 = Soaking eggs in extract at a dose of 4 ppt. D5 = Soaking eggs in extract at a dose of 5 ppt.
Benefits of kipahit leaves:
- Can treat diabetes mellitus type 1. Diabetes mellitus type 1 is diabetes caused by a lack of insulin in the body. Meanwhile, type 2 diabetes mellitus is mostly caused by obesity and poor lifestyle.
- As a natural antioxidant. The next benefit of kipahit leaves is as a natural antioxidant that can ward off free radicals.
- Lowering Sugar Levels. As we have discussed above, kipahit leaves can control blood sugar levels.
- Kipahit leaves as an anti-murodial for kidney and bladder infections.
- The benefits of Kipahit leaves are to strengthen the liver.
- Colon cleansing effect; Drinking kipahit tea regularly can have the effect of colon cleansing or washing the intestines, which has an impact on blood purity and affects the beauty of the skin and face.